Mike: Hi, I'm Mike, |
迈克:嗨,我是迈克, |
I'm from the United States. |
我来自美国。 |
Boy: Welcome to our class, Mike. |
男孩:欢迎来到我们班,迈克。 |
We're happy to meet you. |
很高兴见到你。 |
Mike: Can you tell me a bit more about China? |
迈克:你能告诉我更多关于中国的情况吗? |
Girl 1: Sure |
女孩1:当然! |
Did you know that China is one of the oldest countries in the world? |
你知道中国是世界上最古老的国家之一吗? |
It's over 5000 years old. |
它有5000多年的历史了。 |
Mike: Yes, I did. |
迈克:是的。 |
It's much older than my country. |
它比我的国家古老得多。 |
In fact, the United States is one of the youngest countries in the world. |
事实上,美国是世界上最年轻的国家之一。 |
It's not even 300 years old. |
它甚至还不到300岁。 |
Boy: And China has the biggest population, too. |
男孩:中国也是人口最多的国家。 |
It's a lot bigger than the population of the United States. |
它比美国的人口多得多。 |
Mike: But China is about the same size as the U. S, right? |
迈克:但是中国的面积和美国差不多,对吗? |
Girl 2: Yes, and it's the biggest country in Asia. |
女孩2:是的,它是亚洲最大的国家。 |
We also have some famous rivers. |
我们还有一些著名的河流。 |
The Yangtze river is the longest river in Asia. |
长江是亚洲最长的河流。 |
It's about 6300 kilometers long. |
大约6300公里长。 |
Mike: Wow, I didn't know that. |
迈克:哇,我不知道。 |
I thought the Yellow river was longer. |
我以为黄河更长。 |
Boy: No, the Yellow river is 5464 kilometers long. |
男孩:不,黄河有5464公里长。 |
But both rivers are very important to China. |
但这两条河流对中国都非常重要。 |