1.Not everyone will remember who killed him, |
不是每个人都会记得是谁杀了他, |
but they can remember what they were doing when they heard that he got killed. |
但他们还记得当他们听说他被杀时他们在做什么。 |
Although some people may not remember who killed him, they remember what they were doing when they heard the news. |
虽然有些人可能不记得是谁杀了他,但他们记得听到这个消息时他们在做什么。 |
2.No one said anything for the rest of dinner. |
2.晚餐剩下的时间没人说话。 |
My parents did not talk after that,and we finished the rest of our dinner in silence. |
在那之后,我的父母没有说话,我们默默地吃完了剩下的晚餐。 |
3.September 11, 2001— the date alone means something to most people in the US. |
3.2001年9月11日-对大多数美国人来说,仅这一天就意味着什么。 |
Even the date—September 11,2001—has meaning to most Americans. |
对大多数美国人来说,即使是2001年9月11日也有意义。 |
4.I had trouble thinking clearly after that |
4.在那之后,我很难清晰地思考 |
because I was very afraid. |
因为我很害怕。 |
I was so scared that I could hardly think clearly after that. |
我太害怕了,在那之后我几乎不能清楚地思考。 |