Do You Remember What You Were Doing? |
你还记得你在做什么吗? |
People often remember what they were doing when they heard the news of important events in history. |
人们常常记得当他们听到历史上重要事件的消息时他们在做什么。 |
In America, for example, many people remember what they were doing on April 4,19-68. |
例如,在美国,许多人都记得他们在1968年4月4日所做的事情。 |
This was an important event in American history. |
这是美国历史上的一件大事。 |
On this day, Dr. Martin Luther King was killed. |
在这一天,马丁·路德·金博士被杀。 |
Although some people may not remember who killed him, |
虽然有些人可能不记得是谁杀了他, |
they remember what they were doing when they heard the news. |
他们记得听到这个消息时正在做什么。 |
Robert Allen is now over 50, |
罗伯特·艾伦现在50多岁了, |
but he was a school pupil at that time. |
但他当时是一名小学生。 |
"I was at home with my parents, " |
“我当时和父母在家,” |
Robert remembers. " |
罗伯特回忆道。" |
We were eating dinner in the kitchen |
我们正在厨房吃晚饭, |
when we heard the news on the radio. |
这时我们从收音机里听到了这个消息。 |
The news reporter said, |
新闻记者说, |
'Dr. King died just 10 minutes ago'. |
“金博士10分钟前去世了”。 |
My parents were completely shocked |
我的父母完全震惊了! |
My parents did not talk after that, |
我父母在那之后就不说话了, |
and we finished the rest of our dinner in silence. " |
我们沉默地吃完了剩下的晚餐。" |
More recently, most Americans remember what they were doing , |
最近,大多数美国人都记得自己在做什么, |
when the World Trade Center in New York was taken down by terrorists. |
当纽约世贸中心被恐怖分子拆毁时。 |
Even the date-September 11,2001-has meaning to most Americans. |
即使是2001年9月11日,对大多数美国人来说也有意义。 |
This was a day Kate Smith will never forget. |
这是凯特·史密斯永远不会忘记的一天。 |
She remembers working in her office near the two towers. |
她记得自己在双塔附近的办公室工作。 |
"My friend shouted that a plane just hit the World Trade Center |
“我的朋友喊道,一架飞机刚刚撞上世贸中心! |
I didn't believe him at first, |
起初我不相信他, |
but then I looked out the window and realized that it was true. |
但后来我看着窗外,意识到这是真的。 |
I was so scared that I could hardly think clearly after that. " |
我太害怕了,从那以后我几乎不能清晰地思考。" |