Friend: Hey, Peter, |
朋友:嘿,彼得, |
what's wrong? |
怎么了? |
Peter: I had a fight with my best friend. |
彼得:我和我最好的朋友吵架了。 |
What should I do? |
我该怎么办? |
Friend: Well, you could write him a letter. |
朋友:嗯,你可以给他写封信。 |
Peter: I don't think so. |
彼得:我不这么认为。 |
Although it's a good idea, |
虽然这是个好主意, |
I'm just not very good at writing letters. |
我只是不太擅长写信。 |
Friend: Maybe you should call him up. |
朋友:也许你应该给他打电话。 |
Peter: No, I don't want to talk about it on the phone. |
彼得:不,我不想在电话里谈论这件事。 |
Friend: But you really should talk to him, |
朋友:但你真的应该和他谈谈, |
so that you can say you're sorry. |
这样你就可以说对不起了。 |
Peter: Yes, I know I should, |
彼得:是的,我知道我应该, |
but it's not easy. |
但这并不容易。 |
Friend: Maybe you could go to his house. |
朋友:也许你可以去他家。 |
Peter: I guess I could, |
彼得:我想我可以, |
but I don't want to surprise him. |
但我不想让他惊讶。 |
Friend: Hey, I know, you could take him to the ball game. |
朋友:嘿,我知道,你可以带他去看球赛。 |
Peter: But the ball game is next week. |
彼得:但球赛是下周的。 |
I don't want to wait until then to talk to him. |
我不想等到那时再跟他说话。 |