Peter: Hey, dad? |
彼得:嘿,爸爸? |
Peter's father: Yes? |
彼得的父亲:是吗? |
Peter: Could I go out for dinner with my friends tonight? |
彼得:今晚我能和朋友出去吃饭吗? |
Peter's father: Sure, that should be OK. |
彼得的父亲:当然,那应该可以。 |
Peter: Could I go to the movies after that? |
彼得:那之后我可以去看电影吗? |
My friends said the new action movie is really good. |
我的朋友说这部新的动作片真的很好。 |
Peter's father: I guess so, |
彼得的父亲:我想是的, |
but don't stay out late |
但不要在外面呆得太晚! |
Peter: Could I stay out until 11? |
彼得:我能在外面呆到11点吗? |
We might get something to drink after the movie. |
看完电影后我们可以喝点什么。 |
Peter's father: No, you can't. |
彼得的父亲:不,你不能。 |
You have a basketball game tomorrow, remember? |
你明天有一场篮球赛,记得吗? |
You need to have a good rest. |
你需要好好休息。 |
Peter: Oh, yeah. |
彼得:哦,是的。 |
Well, could you give me a ride to town now? |
那么,你现在能载我去城里吗? |
If I take the bus, I'll be late. |
如果我坐公共汽车,我会迟到的。 |
Peter's father: I can't, Peter, |
彼得的父亲:我不能,彼得, |
I have to do some work now. |
我现在必须做一些工作。 |
Peter: Oh. OK, no problem, |
彼得:哦。好的,没问题, |
I'll call Allen. |
我给艾伦打电话。 |
Maybe his dad can give me a ride. |
也许他爸爸可以载我一程。 |